Direct thermal labels
We are able to produce direct thermal labels in a wide variety of stock sizes. Exact sizes are available on request, but may involve a small one off charge for a cutter. Our labels can be produced on a range of different core sizes with 38mm and 72mm being the most popular.
Direct thermal labels requires a thermal sensitive paper. No ribbon is required as the desktop printer "burns" the image or text onto the material.
We are able to produce plain white labels through to plain colourwashed and pre-printed labels all supplied on rolls to your specification.
Advantages of direct thermal
- → Direct thermal printing is ideal for applications with a short life requirement.
- → Direct thermal printing can be low cost and easy to maintain as no ink, toner or printer ribbon is needed.
- → It can save hours of labour time as there is no need for ribbon changes.
- → It is more environmentally friendly as you do not need to dispose of the thermal transfer ribbons which can generally only be used once.
- → It is simpler to use as you only have to load the roll of labels onto the printer.
Disadvantages of direct thermal
- → Direct thermal labels fade with time and this process is speeded up if they are exposed to direct sunlight, humidity or chemical vapours. Giving them a much shorter shelf life than thermal transfer labels.
- → They cannot be used in high temperature applications as the labels will turn black very quickly.
- → Direct thermal printers can only print on certain materials and the labels produced are not durable.
- → The material used for direct thermal labels is prone to marking.
Orders & Enquiries
Simply let us know the size and quantity of the labels you are looking for and a price will be with you the same day. Delivery from order date is approximately 7-10 working days although this depends on the size and quantity you require.