Thermal transfer labels
We can produce thermal transfer labels in a wide variety of stock sizes, with exact sizes available on request. Our labels can be produced on a range of different core sizes for example 38mm or 72mm.
Our thermal labels are supplied on rolls and can be plain or printed. We have the facility to produce a wide variety of labels from plain white or colourwashed through to pre-printed with company logos and details.
A ribbon is required for printing by this method, so why not order your printer ribbons at the same time? We ensure that we correctly match the ribbon to the material we supply to enable you to benefit from perfect print quality and longer life for your print head.
Advantages of thermal transfer
- → A printer ribbon is used in thermal transfer printing to ensure that the label will last for a long period of time. This makes them resistant to fading.
- → With thermal transfer printing, you can be sure of a high contrast and crisp print quality.
- → There is a range of different coloured ribbons to choose from.
Disadvantages of thermal transfer
- → This method of producing and printing can be costly to run as it requires ribbons, inks and print heads for the printer.
- → The speed of printing is determined by the printhead and the time it takes to heat the printhead, then transfer the ink from the ribbon to the label and finally the cooling of the printhead so that it can set for the next printing sequence.
- → You need to ensure that the label material you use matches with the grade of the ribbon you are using. (We can run sample rolls and provide you with sample ribbons for testing if required).
Orders & Enquiries
Simply let us know the size and quantity of label you require and we will aim to get a price to you the same day. Delivery is typically around 7 - 10 working days depending on the size and quantity you order.